1kW auto tuner

Homebrew equipment discussion, show off your projects.
Sangoma

Re: 1kW auto tuner

Unread post by Sangoma »

VK5TM wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:55 am I used to use the Oshonsoft simulator a lot, but there are too many things (and Pic's) it doesn't support, although the disassembler comes in handy when only a hex file is supplied :D

Now it has been split off into two different parts (simulator and Basic compiler), with a yearly subscription for the compiler. Not worth it when you have to pay every year.
I downloaded the latest version a couple of weeks ago, and I still have the compiler without paying the sub.

I think that may apply to new buyers.

Trouble is, for such a clever person, much of the site is as clear as mud, and I would have guessed he was a politician, not a physicist by his answers to enquiries.

This is the total of examples given for serial input/output

Example 1:
Dim i As Byte
Hseropen 38400
WaitMs 1000
For i = 20 To 0 Step -1
Hserout "Number: ", #i, CrLf
WaitMs 500
Next i

Example 2:
Dim i As Byte
Hseropen 19200
loop:
Hserin i
Goto loop

Example 3:
Dim i As Byte
Hseropen 19200
loop:
Hserget i
If i > 0 Then
WaitMs 50
Endif
Goto loop

To send data is easy, the same as VB6 and before.

The trouble with the above is quite typical though, the examples make perfect sense if you already know how to do it, but then of course you don't need the examples. :lol:
G 3 E J S
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

Yes, the compiler and the 'simple' basic compiler it comes with is still a one off cost, but his standalone Basic compilers https://www.oshonsoftbasiccompilers.com/ need a yearly sub to keep getting the updates.

I normally (or used to) do a google search for Oshonsoft code for a particular function rather than fight with the included examples.

It's been so long since I used the compiler part of it, I would have trouble remembering how to do anything in it now :roll:
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

VK5TM wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:40 pm Yes, the compiler and the 'simple' basic compiler it comes with is still a one off cost, but his standalone Basic compilers https://www.oshonsoftbasiccompilers.com/ need a yearly sub to keep getting the updates.

I normally (or used to) do a google search for Oshonsoft code for a particular function rather than fight with the included examples.

It's been so long since I used the compiler part of it, I would have trouble remembering how to do anything in it now :roll:

When you read the description it seems the same as the one I have.
When I asked him what extra it offered, I didn't get a meaningful reply

The trouble with looking for bits of code is that sometimes what you find is far more complex than what you need.
I sometimes look, then do it myself. A good example this morning, wanted to decode the Yaesu BCD band data and switch the correct filter.
Found a couple, but what they were trying to do, I don't know, one was two pages, the other not much shorter.
Mine is 15 lines of basic, and works fine :)
G 3 E J S