What do you have planned for 2019?

Homebrew equipment discussion, show off your projects.
M0XXQ

What do you have planned for 2019?

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Share your up and coming radio projects, what are you thinking about building now and do you have any planned builds in the coming months.
Please share your ideas, pictures and videos.

Cheers and 73

Rob.
VK5TM

Re: What do you have planned for 2019?

Unread post by VK5TM »

Still mucking around with various ideas for ALC on the DDS modules and also, now that the price of the AD9850 modules is getting into the ridiculous price range, doing an AD9951 module in the same form factor.

The AD9951 is not much more than the AD9850 modules now, around $22-$25.

Other than that, just veging under the aircon seeing as it hit just over 46C today, still 41 as I type this at 20:25 local.
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

I use the AD9959 DDS and its output is almost flat over a 200MHz bandwidth, however I know the AD9851 rolls off quite sharply as it nears 20MHz.
For a levlling amplifier/ALC circuit I would use a DC Amplifier from an existing IG AGC circuit say the W7ZOI Hycas design as it offers an AGC voltage swing of 0-+5V over a 90dB dynamic range, so as the signal increases the voltage decreases which could be used to control the Vcc rail to a 50R MMIC amplifier giving you a constant output over the full range of the DDS.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Rob.
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Well just ordered a Yaesu ft2d seen as Yaesu have software now so you can access wires x direct and even use the ft2d as a node :D
Antennas this year...………….
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
G0JUR

Unread post by G0JUR »

I intend to modify my homebrew pair of 813 GG amp so I can drive it with a modern SS tx
the input at the moment is tunable to allow a valve tx to drive but its not good enough for SS
Oh and i need to fix the front end of 1 of my IC202s, gone a bit deaf think the BF988 has expired.

Other than that I intend to survive another year of bordom listening to FT8 :lol:
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

I'm hoping to buy a small piece of the field directly behind my house from a local farmer!

Its an excellent location for a mast/tower, beams on top, nothing but sea in its way!!

John.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

That would be ace John, you could be the king of VHF down there with that sort of real estate, get that 9700 on the go ;)
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

M0XXQ wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:56 pm That would be ace John, you could be the king of VHF down there with that sort of real estate, get that 9700 on the go ;)
The MB-1 is working great on VHF with its waterfall!

Even better on HF!!
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
M0BVL(Silent Key)

Unread post by M0BVL(Silent Key) »

I'm looking at moving too ,then it's going to be time to build a proper antenna farm ...I'm not planning on moving again .the last wind killed my rotator so I'm making a new one with a bigger gearbox ,I had put too many yagis on the last one it stripped out the worm .reckon I might put a disk brake on this one to take the strain need to think of a way of actuating the caliper ...any ideas??
It's not broke yet ! ...just give me a minute.
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

M0BVL wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:39 pm I'm looking at moving too ,then it's going to be time to build a proper antenna farm ...I'm not planning on moving again .the last wind killed my rotator so I'm making a new one with a bigger gearbox ,I had put too many yagis on the last one it stripped out the worm .reckon I might put a disk brake on this one to take the strain need to think of a way of actuating the caliper ...any ideas??
Two concrete blocks loaded with lead?
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D