Interference MFJ 1026

Homebrew equipment discussion, show off your projects.
2E0SOF silent key

Interference MFJ 1026

Unread post by 2E0SOF silent key »

Due to yet more interference on HF !
I have over the past 10 years been plaged with local noise. All reported to ofcom with great results , but a months later more noise! . But recently again on 40m and partly on 80m I have 9+ of noise making the 40m a no go ! .

I decided there is an option eather sell all the HF radio eq, or keep it turned off hi ;).

Then someone I know had his MFJ 1026 up for sale . So in the end I thought ok lets buy this unit and give it a try. I set the unit up for an external ant , inside there is a pin that needs to be placed on pin one. so checked this was in place. After reading and watching videos of this unit in action I needed to put up a antenna. Now the Aux antenna only needs to RX the noise. I made a short wire antenna and put it out the window. this did not work as I thought it would reason = it was not picking up the noise Int from this antenna on 40m. So I realised I had a good run of coax feeder that ran from the shack to the bottom of the garden that I connect the mag loop to ... loop is not connected out side. Just open feeder, I connected the run of coax to the MFJ 2026 just used the inner of the coax into the unit. with 9+ of noise and tunned the unit and bood the noise is gone ! Well woth the investment if you suffer from int. Now 40m I can hear as normal and its great to give the noise the one finger salute ! I may add a video at some point . I just need to now put another rum of coax down the yard for the mag loop ;)
IN RADIO YOU HAVE TWO TOOLS - SOUND AND SILENCE.
2E0SOF silent key

Re: Interference MFJ 1026

Unread post by 2E0SOF silent key »

https://www.facebook.com/Wayne2E0SOF/vi ... 094953577/

This is from my Facebook account so dont know if it works on here .. may have to be on my FB list to see it ?
IN RADIO YOU HAVE TWO TOOLS - SOUND AND SILENCE.
M0XXQ

Re: Interference MFJ 2026

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Can't see it on here Wayne, if you change the privacy to Public on the Facebook video only then it will work.
M0XXQ

Re: Interference MFJ 1026

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Just watched the video on Facebook Wayne it certainly works, my homebrew unit is good for top band but the noise elsewhere is generally low so no need for it on the high bands at my QTH.... yet.