1kW auto tuner

Homebrew equipment discussion, show off your projects.
VK5TM

Re: 1kW auto tuner

Unread post by VK5TM »

What size bit are you using for the routing?

I've got a Colinbus 3 axis cnc sitting in a box that really should be doing things.
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

VK5TM wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:14 am What size bit are you using for the routing?

I've got a Colinbus 3 axis cnc sitting in a box that really should be doing things.
I use a .2mm X 15°

If there are no small tracks and it is a small board, I use a .3mm X 25°, they last longer.
G 3 E J S
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

Thanks, I'll have a dig around ebay and see if I can find some to play with.
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

The new main board populated and tested
bt6.jpg
bt7.jpg

And new controller and tandem match boards
ctb.jpg
Can't go smaller easily. 0.8mm tracks are the minimum I find reliable with the router, one of the limitations of the method.
G 3 E J S
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

Lashed together for testing.
test.jpg

And been out to the shed and retrieved from various boxes all the linear parts I have left over.
Also found I still have a new Eltek Flatpack PSU as well.

I think there is another project in the pipeline.
G 3 E J S
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

You're putting me to shame, I've been putting off my battery monitor project because the software is pissing me off (and I know it's something I'm doing, I just can't see the wood for the tree's).

Also had a dig round Ebay for the routing bits and all I could find was the sets of 10 different size bits (which will be fine for mucking about but not much else).

Being a cheapskate as the engineering supply place charges both arms and legs for bits.
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

VK5TM wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:05 pm You're putting me to shame, I've been putting off my battery monitor project because the software is pissing me off (and I know it's something I'm doing, I just can't see the wood for the tree's).

Also had a dig round Ebay for the routing bits and all I could find was the sets of 10 different size bits (which will be fine for mucking about but not much else).

Being a cheapskate as the engineering supply place charges both arms and legs for bits.
Try this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-20-0-2 ... 2313826522

You may need to go to ebay.com not the local one.

Just come from digging in the shed again, and I found one of these https://eb104.ru/internet-magazin-shiro ... pper-plate with 2933s and special heatsink and most of the support boards including a 1.5 kW bandpass filter.
Also found another 48V 1200W power supply, it may be quieter than the flatpack, have to connect them up and try.

I haven't done as much as I hoped for the last couple of years, just getting going again now.

Talking of software, I've been trying to find the programme I wrote to read the Icom CIV data, I didn't finish it and it was not working 100%, but I wanted some where to start from, but it is not on the hard drive on the work bench PC, and I changed the shack one about 18 months ago, and don't know what I did with the drive from it :)
G 3 E J S
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

Sangoma wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Try this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-20-0-2 ... 2313826522

You may need to go to ebay.com not the local one.
Thanks, that gave me the right search term, I was looking for routing bits instead of engraving bits, plenty to choose from now.

I know the feeling of "I have that on disk somewhere...", have hundreds of HDD's in the shed from previous PC's with no idea what is on them (I never sell/give away old computers, I keep the HDD and send the rest off for recycling).
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

VK5TM wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:05 pm I've been putting off my battery monitor project because the software is pissing me off (and I know it's something I'm doing, I just can't see the wood for the tree's).
Like my serial port reading with the OshonSoft basic.
I think I am going to give it one more try, then I need to look at changing to Arduino.
At leat there you can find code snippets which can be adapted to your needs.
It is a pity OshonSoft is not better supported, it would have a huge following if it was. The very skimpy examples given in the manual are not commented, so it is easy to go off on the wrong track.
In the "good old days" it was easy to change between the various flavours of Basic, trouble is now that everyone has decided they have a better way of doing things, so what looks familiar is often completely different.
It tells the story when you see all the flavours of Basic that have come and gone, not one of them has lasted.
G 3 E J S
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

I used to use the Oshonsoft simulator a lot, but there are too many things (and Pic's) it doesn't support, although the disassembler comes in handy when only a hex file is supplied :D

Now it has been split off into two different parts (simulator and Basic compiler), with a yearly subscription for the compiler. Not worth it when you have to pay every year.