Lots of SWL's on here!

General discussion topics, anything goes within the bounds of the forum rules.
M0XXQ

Lots of SWL's on here!

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Guys, with exception to a few forum members there is a clear lack of posts and new topics - just like on the radio, call CQ every so often and you might get a reply!
M0DPX

Re: Lots of SWL's on here!

Unread post by M0DPX »

M0XXQ wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 pm Guys, with exception to a few forum members there is a clear lack of posts and new topics - just like on the radio, call CQ every so often and you might get a reply!
Got to agree with you, similar to the bands on live radio. :) How many times do you hear "there's nowt on 2mtr ssb,there's nowt on 70cms,there's nowt on 70mhz thats 4 mtrs for those who dont know :o , and finally HF is DEAD :shock:

All it takes is grab ya microphones get ya mouth and brain in gear, key up and MAKE SOME NOISE. ya never know :roll: 8-)

A link to the 4 metres web site, very interesting little band.

http://www.70mhz.org/index.php?categoryid=1
"Illigitimi non carborundum"
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

It seems we have a lack of communication :lol:
Well whilst the net can be very useful it can sap time like it's going out of fashion.
This year myself well I'm not spending the time I have done in recent times surfing the net, I don't do any of the main social media platforms and have a few for my business that are on thin ice and I'm even thinking of shutting those down as my web site can manage without them.
As for radio well I have not even switched mine on since Christmas other than a visit from ofcom over the QRN from the witch bint next door, and thinking about shutting the shack down and just doing portable now and then.
Life's good and people do as they want I guess, no more business calls or email exchanges for me at the weekends anymore and I'm quitting many of the nets apps that sap useful time from my life.
I of course shall be here on a regular basis and I may switch on the radio later.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
G0JUR

Unread post by G0JUR »

M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

I see we have again gone all quiet on the forum, oh well I was looking at my own post from 2 years ago and I did pull away from social media but tried FB again and it just seems to bring my negativity out and what with the stuff going on today well it's the same day in day out mindless stuff.
So I deactivated my fb account and just nip on for my radio groups then shut it back down, when the corona blows over I may spend more time on social media.
Watching any tv news and going on social media is enough for anyone to throw themselves under a train right now.
Well back to the forum, hopefully the keyboards will get used on here pretty soon as radio subjects are still interesting and spring is approaching so we will be able to do some antenna experiments without getting wet through. I have been happy enough working a little dx and fixing a few electrical bits of kit and I am pondering on buying the new ftdx10 from yaesu or the older ts590sg from kenwood with a rspa sdr receiver...............unsure at the minute.
Catch you all later.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
VK5TM

Unread post by VK5TM »

The best working antenna's are those you put up when it's raining (you don't stand out there buggering about with them :D ).

Ones you put when it's nice and warm and cosy don't work as well, you spend too much time fiddling with them and inevitably manage to make them worse, or so goes my experience :lol:

Having said that, mine fell down a while ago and now the pumpkin plant has engulfed it, if you look very carefully, you can just see the wire from the pole top left of pic (and yes, our back yard is all sand).
Attachments
Pumpkin_patch_1.JPG
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Come on Terry get yourself sorted :lol:
I see the dingo looks nice and warm with his tennis ball :D
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
G6CSL

Unread post by G6CSL »

M0VMT wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:33 pm I see we have again gone all quiet on the forum,
Guilty.
I've completely lost my mojo for amateur radio to be honest ... I hardly ever even think of it.
I only enjoyed one aspect of it (manual conversational morse) which has now all but died. The gear is stashed away in a cupboard, but the first person to turn up here with 300 notes walks away with the lot.
Gone back to trains, guitar and politics, but with the EU going mad on this side of the pond, and the lunatics taking over the asylum on the other, I'm getting to feel glad that I'm old. :D
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Oh well Chris it's whatever keeps you sain mate, to honest you are not missing that much.
I was on vhf fm last night having a waffle, the usual retard was on with the odd retarded comment when our subject turned to people on the sick with a boil on their arse that's when he appeared :lol:
We often touch on subjects that hit a nerve and the swl must have boiled over, Arsholes was a top word in his oxford dictionary brain.....oh well it takes all types in life even arseholes.
Thinking about it the license structure was also brought up and talk to alter the full......my reply was well people entered into a technical hobby if you ain't up to the job of progression it's not my fault so it was either boil on the arse or the license comment that got him all hot and bothered.
Oh well it's what makes us all special I guess.
I wonder what's next for the hobby regards change, obviously it will be more dumbing down but on what front.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS