10M SSB Tonight

Going out portable? Want a test? Got a regular Net you want to let people know about then post your information here.
M0XXQ

10M SSB Tonight

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Afternoon lads, I will be /P annd /M on 28.500MHz USB from 6.30pm tonight at a local high point near the North Pennines, have a listen out.
Will also be monitoring 144.550MHz FM too.

Cheers

Rob.
M0VMT

Re: 10M SSB Tonight

Unread post by M0VMT »

Bugger I missed this post Rob.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
MM0TFU

Unread post by MM0TFU »

I saw your post on the 10 Metre UK Net group on Facebook Rob. Unfortunately I had other things on just at that time, or else I would have headed out onto some high ground near here and had a listen for you. If you were actually at Waskerly then it might be difficult, but if you were a few miles further west, where the (Meadows Edge) road goes up over some very high ground, then there might have been a better chance. If you are going back up there soon post it on the FB group again and I'll do my best to get out and have a listen. I'm probably about 110-120 miles to your West North West, so it might be possible.
Cheers,
Iain.

Illegitimi non carborundum
Sangoma

Unread post by Sangoma »

I listened for a short while, heard some voices, but thought they were French, that's how well I could hear them :lol:

Nearly didn't, the only rig that was connected was the 991A and I couldn't find the mic.
G 3 E J S
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Sangoma wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:18 am I listened for a short while, heard some voices, but thought they were French, that's how well I could hear them :lol:

Nearly didn't, the only rig that was connected was the 991A and I couldn't find the mic.
Thats a Geordie accent mate ;) :D
M0XXQ

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Will try again later in week, need some activity on that band its so quiet and the noise floor is amazing low too.
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

I've joined that group on face ache so I shouldn't miss your posts Rob.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
MM0TFU

Unread post by MM0TFU »

Activity on 10m has taken a dive since the beginning of September when the summer Sporadic E season came to an abrupt end, but 2020 will be remembered as being one of the better Sp E seasons. I worked just under 2000 QSO's in 89 DXCC on 10m SSB since 1st April. There were a couple of brief openings to South America last weekend during the Worked All Europe contest, but that's been about it. Things should pick up a little later in the year, particularly in December/January when there is a short burst of Sp E activity again.

There are quite a few regular 10m nets up and down the UK, but most seem to be down south.

Nice to see you both have joined the 10 metre UK Net on Facebook.
Cheers,
Iain.

Illegitimi non carborundum