National Hamfest canceled

Latest radio related news and updates from contesting to DXpeditions, rallies and events.
M3PIE

National Hamfest canceled

Unread post by M3PIE »

Cancelation Notice
It is with a much regret that we must announce the cancellation of the National Hamfest 2020 due to be held on Friday 25th and Saturday 26th September

We have been closely monitoring the ever changing health landscape and emerging government guidance. In consideration of our primary responsibilities to the health and welfare of our volunteers, traders and visitors we have decided that this is the right decision.

The environment in which the event is held presents unique and very difficult
challenges in protecting social distancing, preventing handling of equipment and controlling numbers in a confined area. It is our conclusion that we are unable to ensure the safety of attendees and our large team of traders and volunteer helpers.

We do appreciate the lost opportunities and financial impact to our participating Clubs, Traders and visitors resulting from the cancellation.
Arrangements are in hand for returning to the Newark Showground in September 2021 and we look forward to seeing you there.

The Directors of National Hamfest (Lincoln) Limited.
M0XXQ

Re: National Hamfest canceled

Unread post by M0XXQ »

Thats a shame, I was looking forward to meeting up with a few people as I missed last year due to my wedding.
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Oh well least we can go throw bikes at police horses at a protest sometime or go dance with the next hospital that wants a covid Disco outside.
Maybe dance with the police even or go to a late night rave in London and destroy some cop cars while saying fuk to the 2 metre rule and government guidelines.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
Happy to be here :D
M0HJO

Unread post by M0HJO »

I was looking forward to it, missed last year because of an RTA.

Never mind.
Glad to be Here.
RNARS
RSGB
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Yep I was looking forward to it, meeting people and I had saved a nice kitty up.
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS
G0JUR

Unread post by G0JUR »

Wont miss it, always go (its not far away) have to carry air freshener with me.
I think maybe the right decision was made, not for lack of social distance etc but could well have turned out a financial disaster.
M0VMT

Unread post by M0VMT »

Yeah business wise it was probably for the best, theirs always next year providing we all get there :lol:
M0VMT Mark
Doncaster
RSARS